Sunday, March 2, 2008

Life is so exciting!

Our little man is doing great! He is really smiling, cooing and interacting now and he tells great stories. He continues to pack on the pounds but I think he is starting to slow down a little. He turned 12 weeks on Thursday and he celebrated by sleeping through the night on Friday and Saturday!! My mom was in town visiting last week and Ryan was at a conference in Amelia Island at the Ritz Carlton so I went up and spent one night there. It was my first night away from Tommy so of course I didn't sleep well because I didn't know what kind of night he was having. And my mom didn't sleep very well because it was her first night alone with him and what happened??? Tommy slept from 7pm till 7:45am! Oh the irony....neither mom nor I slept well and Tommy slept great! He is always full of surprises. Luckily Ryan and I were both home to enjoy him doing it again last night. But Tuesday we leave for Deer Valley to ski with Jim and Nanci and we are bringing Tommy with us, so hopefully we won't mess up his progress too much.

Last week, my best friend Carissa came to town from Northern Cal with her 9 month old Darcy. We had a great time and had lots of successful outings. Tommy had his first dinner out at a restaurant, his first trip to the beach and his first shopping trip, during all of which he was an angel! The pics below are some from his time with Carissa and Darcy, as well as some bath tub pictures that I love. I'm sure he'll really appreciate these some day.

Things are definitely starting to get easier and more fun. I know that more challenges will continue to pop up all the time but for now we are really doing great, just in time for me to go back to work :( I go back on March 13. Luckily I only have one week of work and then I have a week off for spring break, so it should help to ease me into the transition. Then only 8 weeks and it is summer again, so at least I have that to look forward to.

I will definitely post more once we get back from our trip. Hopefully we will discover that Tommy is a good traveller! In the meantime, enjoy the pics!!!








No comments: